The powerful herb, Astragalus has origins in China, Mongolia, and Korea. With a long and enduring history in Chinese Medicine, Astragalus is known in China as “huang qi” which means “yellow leader”. It is said to strengthen the immune system with a primary function to resist disease. It is Considered a superior herb for use as a powerful immunostimulant.
Today, Astragalus may be used to:
- Boost the immune system by increasing the count of white blood cells and stimulates the production of antibodies and immune cells
- Contain anti-aging properties at the cellular level
- Adaptogen- build and restore overall health. Used for adrenal fatigue
- Plant flavonoids present may have protective properties on the heart/ prevent plaque build up.
- Increase sperm activity in males, supports male hormones. Balances glucose levels